Wednesday, November 09, 2005

More about Mr. me

Yo.
This post is dedicated to giving out more info about myself, so here goes:

1. As you probably figured out (or knew before), I serve in the Israeli army (or IDF). My job is to write computer applications for the army. In August I took part in the Hitnatkut, as mentioned in the previous post, and shortly after returning to my unit (in the Hitnatkut I was in a unit specificaly made for that mission) I went to an Extended System Analysis course, which I am now on its second week.

2. You can tell from my occupation that I have a thing for computers. This passion started when I was a kid and played a whole bunch of quests (adventure games), specifically by Sierra On-Line, and Lucas Arts. Back then I fantasized alot about writing my own games, and that drove my to pursue a scholarly interest in software programming. For years I considered computers my "most loved" field of interest.

3. During the latter years of my schooling, I became more and more interested in listening alot to music. This first included MTV, old 60's pop, Michael Jackson. Later I progressed to Radiohead and Queen (as a kid I was always exposed to Queen, being my big brother's favorite band, but I never listened to them purposefully). Then I was suddenly exposed to Metallica and I immediately connected to their music and the Metal/Thrash genre. At that time my friends and me started toying with the notion of forming a band. This led to mutual musical education within our group: I introduced Queen to them, they introduced Pink Floyd, and so on. Also, we began exploring new bands that caught our attention - Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Rhapsody, Children Of Bodom, Treasure Land, Megadeth, and many more. In addition, I extended my interest to the fields of Jazz, Classical music and old Rock (The Beatles and such).

4. In our little "band", I began studying and playing drums. I studied at the local conservatory, with a classicaly trained teacher. It didn't really work, because I was always nagging him to teach me double-bass technique, which he wasn't really familiar with. I stopped taking lessons after a year of learning the basics. At least I got my teacher hooked on Symphony X. Hehehe. Since then I've been teaching myself the songs that I wanted to play. Since joining the army, my hours of practicing dwindled awefully low.

5. At the current phase of my life, I have recently started renting an apartment with a friend from the army, and the guitar player from my now-ancient "band". I have brought my drum kit to the apartment, and will soon get back into drumming shape (as I said, my bit of my technique was lost due to the army). I also plan on further studying musical theory and on starting to compose music (probably with the help of computers).

That's it for today, folks. Drive home safely now, ya hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home