Monday, November 14, 2005

The third week

Yesterday I have started another week of the analysis course, which is the third out of 14. Most of the course's hours are dedicated to work on the team project, but we can take these hours off if we make good progress. My team is progressing nicely, so I have some free time for myself.
The free time is spent mostly on a pet project of mine - a ASP.Net calendar with Javascript.
I know, kind of geeky, but it's fun for me.
I'm making myself spend more of my free time, though, on important arrangements that always get pushed aside as well.
For instance, I'm trying to switch banks, for better commisions. This task requires opening a new bank account, getting a new credit card, setteling the old credit cards bill for the last month (can be done only at the start of the month), closing the old credit card account and finally closing the old bank account (which requires me to first cancel an automatic savings order, and that has to be done on a specific day of the month)!
And I didn't even mention all the paperwork involved. I hate bureaucracy. I even hate the word bureaucracy.
Handling all these new "chores" is very new to me because I would usually avoid these things, or put them off until further notice.
I can actually feel my responsability muscles getting firm.

And that reminds me: I am also dedicating some time to start getting in shape. You know, running around the block, doing some sit-ups and pull-ups and stuff. I should really keep it up until I will make a habit of it.

Oh, how I miss the old times when one could just be a lazy computer potatoe and be anything but grown-up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home